Missing cui files

Gringo

Please help

Today when i open acad 2009 it opens without any cui files loaded...

Why is this happening - is there something different in 2009 to 2008??

Even the standard acad cui is missing.

How do i fix this ??

Also when i load the acad.cui file i can't get any of the buutons to come up.

At the top of acad it is saying "The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded".

Any ideas how to fix this guys??

when i load the acad.cui file is is unloading my other cui files - but still i cant get the standard toolbars to come up.

• 3 years later...

I am digging up an old thread. This is the exact issue I am having, except I initially did not have the ACAD.CUI option mentioned above. My CUI Editor has VAULT. I used the "Open" option, selected ACAD.CUI, but it is read only. I replaced the files in that folder with those of a co-worker and went through the process again, selected RESET, but still no tabs or panels. I hit apply then OK, exited Acad and reopened it, but VAULT was the default once again.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Oh yes, even uninstalled Acad and all other Autodesk applications, except Mechanical Desktop, and reinstalled Acad before trying the above recommendation.

I knew I would find it as soon as I hit submit.

1. Top left corner "A" puldown menu

2. "OPTIONS" button bottom left corner of window

3. Expand "Customize Files"

4. Select "+" for Main Customization File

5. Select the file shown and Select "Browse..." button

6. My "acad.cui" file was in "Documents and settings\...\autodesk\autocad 2009\r17.2\enu\support\", where ... represents my companies default storage location on my laptop and r17.2 was the latest release I am running.

Closed Acad and reopened to verify, and all is well.

Hope this helps anybody else.

• 5 months later...

I loaded Autocad 2008 onto my personal laptop because I need to bring work home. The first time I opened it up the toolbars and menus were loaded. When I closed down and then opened back up, they are all gone. I tried to load the .cui files and even tried to switch to the back up .cui file and it says it can't find them. what do I do? any help?