cannot find price of Autocad

lacey21

Hi Guys,

I hope you can help, it would be much appreciated.

I have used Autocad for the 30 day free trial period and now it has expired. I want to buy the authorisation code but I cannot find the price.

I have looked all over.

I would use the student one but my semester doesn't start till Feb 09 here and I don't have a student e-mail address. I am a part time / night school cad student.

Any advice on the price would be great.

Thank you for your help

Lace

I am new to this so the one I have is I think vanilla (basic), however, I am leaning towards architectural rather than mechanical, civil.

Mine just says autodesk 2006.

Thanks for that having a look now although, they all seem to be 2008 and 2009 and around $3500.

That sorts that out then lol can't afford that price.

Back to the drawing board...

You need to look for AutoCad Lt (which means limited version) I'm pretty sure thats all your able to get with student discount.

In Australia, it's about $1000 without student discount.

You also need to contact a reseller for price.

People I go through are called AEC systems

Thanks for your advice guys.

I have found a shop near where I live from the website you gave and I am going to ask there.

Cheers

Lace

Thanks Hay123 will have a look at AEC systems

Look around for someone trying to sell an older version. Didn't the courts just rule that it is now legal to do so? Hurry before AutoDesk throws so much money at an appeal that the courts change their minds.

Hmmm... thats a good idea.

What if someone just sold me the programm though without the key. Would I have any come back?

I am going to look on ebay now.

cheers guys

lace :)

What if someone just sold me the programm though without the key. Would I have any come back?

If I am not mistaken, I think it is the key (or serial number) that you are paying for, and it is what is required to keep the program running after the 30 day trial period.

A legit copy of AutoCAD up to 2004, I believe, will come with a serial number and an authorization code included. You install the program and register it using this information. You do not have to go online to register. After 2004 AutoDesk followed in Microsoft's footsteps and required users to register via the Internet. Once you were connected to the AutoDesk website, it would verify the authenticity of the software (not pirated) and download, without any assistance from the user, the authorization code. Then you were good to go.

So you see, it is conceivable, that depending on the version of AutoCAD you purchase, you could load one copy or one hundred copies of the software and AutoDesk wouldn't know. That's why they went to the web-based authorization procedure. Just makes sense they want to know how many legit copies are out there. I'm not sure how hackers get away with pirating newer copies of AutoCAD and replecating the authorization codes such that they bypass authentication by AutoDesk. That would explain AutoDesk's zealousness in pursuing pirated software. It's money out of their pockets.

Oh I see...

So if it is legit then it will come with the code and I can just register.

Nice one,

Thanks for the info. I have found some on ebay and am just checking them out now.

Thank you for all your help and all the information you provide on CADTutor.

Lace

If you buy off of eBay I would verify with the seller that the software being sold is 1) an original CD or DVD and not a copy and 2) that the seller has in his/her possession the serial number and the authorization code (if 2004 or earlier). If yours is the successful bid make it a condition of the sale that AC installs and works as expected or you get a full refund. Keep in mind you can't drag your feet on this. The seller isn't going to wait forever. I would recommend loading AC within 24 to 48 hours upon receiving it. Ask for a telephone number too (of seller) to make communication that much easier and faster. Can't be too careful. A woman in Texas, who joined the forum recently, got a version of AutoCAD 14 she had all kinds of problems with. Whatever version you buy should work with your hardware setup. Refer to the AutoDesk website for recommendations regarding RAM, OS, chip speed and video card specs.

Make sure that you are purchasing an original (i.e. unused) box/case for the version of ACAD you're looking for. If the eBay seller doesn't give you what you bid for, I believe you are protected via eBay's insurance policy and you can go after the seller.

Also, check the seller's rating and view his/her negative comments to see if there have been any problems with past transactions.

I once purchased AutoCAD LT on Ebay and it was completely legit. It was a new copy and never opened. I got it NEW and it was the most RECENT version for nearly HALF the price you would find it anywhere else. You can find these on Ebay or on Amazon like this. This is the best way to get it if on a budget and you want a legit copy.

If you need 3D capabilities then you might look into a clone like one of the Intellicad versions which would operate pretty much the same with a similar or the same gui and would be much less expensive that the full version of AutoCAD.

Since the court case decided selling used versions of AutoCAD is legal you could find more of this software coming onto the market. Sellers should include as much of the original material (disks, Getting Started guides, etc.) that came with the package.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lacey where are you located ? If Australia then you can pick up a copy of Autocad student version from citysoftware. com. au for a bargain at the moment $157.00