Dynamic Block Variations!!!!!?

KnoJa31

So here's the deal. I created a ton of blocks for my department to use. when i created the blocks i tested them and they worked accordingly. Now that i have distributed the tool palette out to the users (5 drafters) these blocks do not work the same way that they work for me.

Info on the block:

• It is a schematic connector with 12 attributes (two tag ids and 10 cavities) see attached file
  • I inserted two flip parameters (one flips the whole connector and all of the attributes so that the plug side (P) can reside on either the left or the right; the other flip parameter flips the divider line and cavities so that the cavities can reside on the receptacle (J) side or the plug (P) side.
  • There is a linear stretch parameter that allows the user to stretch the connector to its desired height.
  • Each cavity attribute has a move parameter that allows us to move the cavities to a desired spacing.

So i tested the tool palette on two different systems. I inserted the same block on both. On my system the block worked correctly, but on the test system it did not work as it should.

Could this be due to a setting that i may have on my system that the others do not.

Kinda at a lose here! im thinking that i need to recreate the block.

i tested it on my version of architecture 2008 and it seams to work as you described and i can't think of any settings that would change the dynamic performance between drawings...what exactly is it not doing properly?..could the drawing you're inserting the block into already has a block by the same name?..did you try to attsync the block afterwards?..are all the cad stations using autocad 2k8?..

So when i insert the block, and use the flip parameters it flips the attributes to the opposite side without reversing the text. But on the other stations when they flip the connector the attributes flip and the text is backward.

We tested this in a blank sheet for the default templates. So teh sheet did not already have the block inserted.

Not really sure what attsync is!!? Might be something to look at.

Everyone is using the same version. We even have it where everyone is using the same default profile (>).

I will try the attsync and see how that works.

Thanks for taking a look!!!