pool table design

smorales02

I am new to sketchup and would like to get some practice on using the software but at the same time design something I would like. So I came up with the idea of designing what I would like for a game room (pool table, poker table, bar, etc...) its a long process but should be fun to do.

Now my problem is that I want to design it as accurate to true size as possible but can't find any dimensions on pool tables. So I was wondering if anyone would know of a good place to find these or have any good reference photos that I can use to design the pool table.

Thank you

well good luck with it :) looking forward to seeing your work :thumbsup:

It took me a while to get my head round it as it's very different to AutoCAD, but once you 'think' like SketchUp does it's reasonably easy

So you do think it would be better to just do it all in Sketchup or should I lay out the romm in ACAD and than use that as a reference in Setchup???

If you come across any good photo reference please share

So you do think it would be better to just do it all in Sketchup or should I lay out the romm in ACAD and than use that as a reference in Setchup???

If you come across any good photo reference please share

I would definately lay it out in acad then export it into sketchup. :D

I would definately lay it out in acad then export it into sketchup. :D

Thats what i am going to do. I have a thread in the ACAD general forum regarding this too...I will leave this thread for when I get to scetchup...

Thanks for the input

• 1 year later...

You are creating a pool Diagram and if looking for a Pool design software for your AutoCAD, visio would be one of the best network diagram tool which can help you. The CAD drawing is the foundation for a properly budgeted and organized job, but it is also an expression of the person who creates it. An individual’s artistic talent determines the quality of the final drawing, whether it is done using pastel colored pencils or the computer.

May be below info helps you

--visiotoolbox.com/articles/visio_articles/

Personally I would do it all in SketchUp. If you are wanting to learn SU then don't take a step backwards by relying on Acad. You can draw just as accurately in SU and save the import process. Plus, if you are using Google SketchUp Free version you cannot import dwg data (correct me if I am wrong).

I drew everything you see here with SU, all 22 pages worth. No help from any other cad source:

http://www.formfonts.com/search.php?query=models+by+Eric%20Lay&site=