Zoom to scale

IJ31

There are many ways to do this. I Pan and zoom inside the viewport until I have approximate the view I want, then go to Paper Space, mark the viewport (so the blue squares are visible) and go to the bottom of the AutoCAD window (same bar as the Ortho, Osnap, Polar-buttons) where I can easily change the VP Scale to a number of pre-defined scales. Or add a Custom scale if I can't find the one I need in the list.

To answer your question: if you are in paper space, enter MS in the command line. This should teleport you in model space. Start the Zoom command and enter the desired scale factor fallowed by an X. So to magnify two times, enter 2X.

But you may wish to set the scale of a specific viewport. If so, select that viewport by clicking its boundary and adjust the scale factor in the Properties toolbar. After that I use to Lock the viewport (also in the properties toolbar) to keep the scale while zooming and panning.

I don't use it but I thought it had something to do with zooming by "nXp"?

Yes... Its the way I mainly do it.

for a 1:100 scale drawing you would click in the viewport you want to scale, then type z (enter) 1/100xp (enter)

• 1 month later...

With the "nXP" option how would i set up my drawing so that i get 1/4"=1' scale?? i have it right now that i type in Z enter than .03125xp but dont know if this is the right way??

Another way is by toggling the VIEWPORTS toolbar, and the preset scales. or manually place the scale on the window itself.

I thought that was PS specific?

With the "nXP" option how would i set up my drawing so that i get 1/4"=1' scale?? i have it right now that i type in Z enter than .03125xp but dont know if this is the right way??

1/48xp.

(12"x4)

I thought that was PS specific?

Yes its PS specific only.

:unsure: im not sure if this is what the OP is after.

"in the layout I can go to model and zoom in on one drawing"

I presume this is a viewport being scaled to size.

• 6 years later...
Yes... Its the way I mainly do it.

for a 1:100 scale drawing you would click in the viewport you want to scale, then type z (enter) 1/100xp (enter)

^ That's how I do it, too. Only found out recently and it could have saved a LOT of past hassle! Best way to do it, in my opinion. :D

Zoom > nXP method is fine as long as you don't use annotative objects objects.

If you do use Annotative objects, you need to use the Annotative Scale List in the Statusbar since it's the only method that keeps the VP scale and the Annotation scale synchronized.