Auto dimesioning polyline

VaKaDi

Well, this would be very sweet if it worked for both lines and polylines. Lines would be better for me. I would use the mess out of this!

lol, yes I did, when I took the autoCAD class I learned about everything. I just forgot most of it. TY

• 2 years later...

Hi there,

i'm glad i found this forum while searching for the auto dimensioning of polylines. however, is there a way that dimension for curved lines can be included? thank you very much and any response will be very much appreciated.

98173458.png

• 6 months later...

Dear ASMI,

Provided lsp work fine, do you have similar sort of program to convert dimension into PLINE.

Regards,

Jayaram.C.V.

ASMI has moved on to other pursuits. The chances of a response are pretty miniscule. Maybe someone else can help you but you'll have to be patient. There are a lot of requests for miracles.

• 10 months later...

Hi All,

I have to dimension lots of rectangle/square polylines, some need dims on the left , some on bottom, some on right etc, Is there a way to have an option to add the dims individually?

thanks in advance!

Image1.jpg

Thanks Remark for a quick response - 'QDIM' is ok for '1 block' but as there are so many spaced apart this also give the spaces in between and only works if the in rows, there are about 3000 of these blocks :(.

see attached

I would like to be able to select all the 'bottom' boxes and choose bottom dim then left and choose left and so on.

Image2.jpg

I need help, I have this lisp "PDIM", but it is necessary that all dimensions are inside the contour and not like the picture 1, can this be done? thank you all in advance

lisp PDIM : http://www.sendspace.com/file/3txh6a

picture 1 : http://www.sendspace.com/file/p3upgc

picture how it should look : http://www.sendspace.com/file/y9q7ra

Edited by djx084

This script is perfect for the left and bottom dims (based on a square/rectangle), - Thanks Lee! how can this be modified to give the dimensions on the outside top and right?

(defun c:dimobj (/ ent Minpt Maxpt cRds)
 (if (setq ent (car (entsel "\nSelect Something to Dimension...")))
   (progn
     (vla-getBoundingBox
   (vlax-ename->vla-object ent) 'Minpt 'Maxpt)
     (setq cRds (mapcar 'vlax-safearray->list (list Minpt Maxpt)))
     (command "_dimlinear" (car cRds)
          (polar (car cRds) (/ pi 2) (- (cadadr cRds) (cadar cRds)))
          (polar (car cRds) pi (* 2 (getvar "DIMTXT"))))
     (command "_dimlinear" (car cRds)
          (polar (car cRds) 0 (- (caadr cRds) (caar cRds)))
          (polar (car cRds) (/ (* 3 pi) 2) (* 2 (getvar "DIMTXT")))))
   (princ "\n<!> No Object Selected <!>"))
 (princ))

]

Like this?

(defun c:dimobj (/ ent Minpt Maxpt cRds)
 (if (setq ent (car (entsel "\nSelect Something to Dimension...")))
   (progn
     (vla-getBoundingBox
   (vlax-ename->vla-object ent) 'Minpt 'Maxpt)
     (setq cRds (mapcar 'vlax-safearray->list (list Minpt Maxpt)))
[color=magenta]     (command "_dimlinear" [/color]
[color=magenta]          (polar (cadr cRds) pi (- (caadr cRds) (caar cRds))) [/color]
[color=magenta]          (cadr cRds)[/color]
[color=magenta]          (polar (cadr cRds) (* 0.5 pi) (* 2 (getvar "DIMTXT"))))[/color]
[color=magenta]     (command "_dimlinear"[/color]
[color=magenta]          (cadr cRds)[/color]
[color=magenta]          (polar (cadr cRds) (* 1.5 pi) (- (cadadr cRds) (cadar cRds)))[/color]
[color=magenta]          (polar (cadr cRds) 0.0 (* 2 (getvar "DIMTXT")))))[/color]
   (princ "\n<!> No Object Selected <!>"))
 (princ))

Does anyone have a solution for the modified PDIM lsp file???? if anyone can modified the dimensioning on the inside of the some object??????

Edited by djx084

• 2 weeks later...

@LEEMAC

I have gone through the posts. i must thank you for the lisp code first. It an amazing code..

I have polyline with curves with me. i saw that you have used dimalign for getting the dimensions... is it possible somehow to also add "dimarc" in your lisp file...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The lisp routine from both ASMI & Lee Mac work great in model space, but is it possible to use these in paper space (or alter them to do so?)?

We generally dimension and enter all text in paper space with viewports at varying scales to suit the drawing, so it would be great to enable these routines in PSpace (if poss).

Thanks in advance.

Hi Cladding Connexions, in case you don't find solution to use it in paperspace - theres a lisp code that copies objects from modelspace to paperspace (so you can transfer all the dimensions).

EDIT: Try CHSPACE command from paperspace (no lisp routine needed)

Thanks for that. The only problem is when I chspace the object I don't think it would maintain it dimensions (I'll give it a whirl in the morning).

Thanks for that. The only problem is when I chspace the object I don't think it would maintain it dimensions (I'll give it a whirl in the morning).

Hi cladding.

I have tried that. the dimensions remain the same. For easier working you can create the dimensions in a specific layer and once in layout you can quick select that layer and do CHSPACE