view port, within a view port, clipping?

b.muqlueen

I have a drawing. Paper space 36x60. One big view port for the plan view, which takes up most of the 36x60. i have 4 small view ports(details) which are placed with in plan view- view port. Every thing looks fine in paper space.

When i go to plot, the plan view shows through the small view ports. is there any way to clip this or any other way around it?

I have a drawing. Paper space 36x60. One big view port for the plan view, which takes up most of the 36x60. i have 4 small view ports(details) which are placed with in plan view- view port. Every thing looks fine in paper space.

When i go to plot, the plan view shows through the small view ports. is there any way to clip this or any other way around it?

First draw a rectangle that will be the size wanted for the big viewport. Use the Region command and make that a region, now use the Mview command, Object option and pick the region. Adjust the view in that viewport accordingly.

Now draw circles or polygons, etc. that will represent the smaller viewports. Place those where you will want them. Use the Region command again. Use the subtract command and pick the large region then the smaller one(s). Now draw the circles again in the blank space, use the Mview command, Object option. Adjust those viewports accordingly. Because these are regions now you won't be able to edit them like a normal viewport, IE: grip stretch, etc.