Export a toolbar?

skipsophrenic

hi all,:)

I've created a toolbar in AutoCAD 2008, and was wondering is it possible to export JUST the toolbar so other users can import it?

Thanks in advance.

uh-oh i don't have the Migrate Custom Settings option, all i got in my menu bar is

Attatch Digital Signatures

AutoCAD 2008

Batch Standards Checker

Reference Manager

any ideas?

EDIT: Can a moderator please move this thread to the appropriate CUI forum, only just realised posted question in wrong place. Thanks

uh-oh i don't have the Migrate Custom Settings option, all i got in my menu bar is

Attatch Digital Signatures

AutoCAD 2008

Batch Standards Checker

Reference Manager

any ideas?

EDIT: Can a moderator please move this thread to the appropriate CUI forum, only just realised posted question in wrong place. Thanks

type: cuiexport

from there, you will see 2 lists, the left has your menu settings and the right has a place to export menu settings (toolbars, accelerator keys, etc.) to a new and separate cui file.

from the left list, select the toolbar you want to share, drag to toolbar category on right side and save (option at top right) cui file.

that file can either just be loaded (menuload) or the user can import the toolbar into their existing toolbars virtually the same way you exported it.

thnx alan, have tried that method to export, (Haven't tried any imports yet tho, when i do i'll let you know how it goes

• 4 years later...
type: cuiexport

from there, you will see 2 lists, the left has your menu settings and the right has a place to export menu settings (toolbars, accelerator keys, etc.) to a new and separate cui file.

from the left list, select the toolbar you want to share, drag to toolbar category on right side and save (option at top right) cui file.

that file can either just be loaded (menuload) or the user can import the toolbar into their existing toolbars virtually the same way you exported it.

Thank you Alan, You don't know how long I have wasted asking for this very Straight Forward and to the point answer to sharing custom made toolbars. Anyone else either wanted to charge for the answer or make you go through and learn the long way. Thanks again!:excited::celebrate::notworthy: Darren

Mr. Alan Sir,

Can you share in layman's terms How I can Delete a Tool Palette Group? I Googled it, found a couple of processes but it was not as straight forward as the way you can explain. I am using ACAD mech 2012. Any assistance will help.

I created some toolbars from scratch using notepad their pretty easy once you know how mine have custom icons, to load just menuload, being a text file its easy to change rather than edit within the CUI.

***TOOLBARS

**ALAN TOOLBAR

ID_ALAN_0 [_Toolbar("ALAN layers", _LEFT, _Show, 0,0, 1)]

CL [_Button("Draw Cl", ALANCL.BMP, ALANCL.BMP)]^C^C^C-la s Design-Cl line;

Lip [_Button("Draw Lip", ALANLIP.BMP, ALANLIP.BMP)]^C^C^C-la s Design-Lip line;

Bok [_Button("Draw Bok", ALANBOK.BMP, ALANBOK.BMP)]^C^C^C-la s Design-Bok line;

I created some toolbars from scratch using notepad their pretty easy once you know how mine have custom icons, to load just menuload, being a text file its easy to change rather than edit within the CUI.

***TOOLBARS

**ALAN TOOLBAR

ID_ALAN_0 [_Toolbar("ALAN layers", _LEFT, _Show, 0,0, 1)]

CL [_Button("Draw Cl", ALANCL.BMP, ALANCL.BMP)]^C^C^C-la s Design-Cl line;

Lip [_Button("Draw Lip", ALANLIP.BMP, ALANLIP.BMP)]^C^C^C-la s Design-Lip line;

Bok [_Button("Draw Bok", ALANBOK.BMP, ALANBOK.BMP)]^C^C^C-la s Design-Bok line;

How does this apply to deleting a Tool Palette group? :?