CAD doesn't come with it's own standard library, right?

slimjramirez

CAD doesn't come with it's own standard library, right?

My boss has charged me with the task of setting our office standard, and beginning our own block library, but told me to base it off of the "CAD library of symbols that came with the disc." I told him that AutoCAD Lite '00i and '04 don't come with what he's looking for. There is a bare minimal Tools Palettes, mostly with just hatch patterns, but I'm trying to confirm that there is not an extensive library of standard symbols that comes with the particular programs we use here.

I figure that it's a piece of cake to create a library, especially one customised to our requirements/desires rather than spending time to edit an existing library and double-checking layers, lineweights, etc, but he is the bossman, so I figured it would be respectful to at least look into this to some extent.

Hi Slimjramirez,

Unfortunately i don't know the answer to you're question,

Also this thread is quite old, and I'm not sure this was best place to ask it.

I would just like to point out that with a new question it is always best to start a new thread in the proper forum section (As i myself have needed to be told a few times)

I think what I was looking for was a more extensive Tool Palette with a lot of standard Piping symbols (valves, fittings, pumps, etc.) for '04 LT. Not to be found. I was going to mess around with putting the Palette file from a laptop with MEP '08 on the network drive and re-direct LT to that file, but found that it didn't have the symbols I was looking for anyway.

I ended up just creating my own library, then slapping together my own Palettes from the DC block list.

I figured this was relevant enough to just append an existing/old thread than creating a new one, lol.