Why would autocad not want to register

sprintcar5k

Please explain why if someone buys a factory sealed 2004 version of autocad ,why would autodesk not want to let you register it over the

phone, and tells you that it expires in 30 days. And then tells the person who is selling the program that they are doing something unlawful. If its never been opened what is the problem?

??? never been used copy??? i'm only guessing here but i'm guessing that autodesk are trying to push people to buy their later editions as it would be more "profitable" for them, as reguards unlawful refer to this thread,

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25272

They've already been dragged through the courts once over this sort of issue.

[url=http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25272][/url]

Yes never been used program here in front of me still sealed in the original autocad box. Four other people have the exact same thing that I have.

Who Did You Buy Them From? Hard To Imagine Them Sitting Around For 4 Years In A Sealed Box But Its Possible. Either Way, Someone Bought Them And Never Used Them..autodesk Got Paid For Those Programs So Someone Aught To Be Able To Use Them Even If They Are 4-5 Years Out Of Date.

try registering online and not by phone....see what that does