Hidden objects showing when plotting

Edgar

First I want to apologize if this has been asked before. Why when I plot in, Hidden shade plot, I get ghost where objects are that are turned off? I have tried changing from Hidden to As displayed, but it does the same thing.

Thanks, Edgar

Layers: On/Off

Turns layers on and off. When a layer is on, it is visible and available for plotting. When a layer is off, it is invisible and not plotted, even if Plot is on.

You have objects on layers that are turned "off" still plotting? Is that what you are referring to "ghost"?

Freeze layers that you do not want to plot dont just turn them off. Turning them off just makes them invisible but they will still affect your plotting.

Turning a layer "off" should not affect the plotting (i.e. - something showing up in your plot that shouldn't). AutoCAD says objects on layers that are turned off do not plot. I agree with that statement and the test plot I just ran with a layer set to off confirms it. You must have missed something.

Thanks for the replies. The problem is that objects on layers that are turned off cause ghost or blanks where the are. I had the problem a couple of years ago and I believe it was a setting problem, I just can't remember.

Thanks, Edgar

Freezing an object's layer will be necessary when 3D objects and a hidden plot style are involved. An object will not print if it’s layer has been turned off, but it will obscure objects behind it (appear as a masked dropout). If the layer is frozen, those objects will be ignored completely during the print processing.