Title Block Doesn't Scale

ChrisWorks

Is there something Im doing wrong?? Im helping out someone layout an old drawing (1999). So we created a title block and saved it. We tried inserting it to a layout and it scaled properly. Now, when opened the old drawing and inserted the same title block in the layout, it didnt come out right.

We created the title block in AutoCAD LT 2008, We opened the old drawing in AutoCAD LT 2008. We tried insertion scale but that doesnt seem to work.

I'm sure I missed something, but I dont know what......

Thanks.....

there was no layout. Its all in model space. So, we created a layout with one viewport, scaled the drawing there. but when we tried to insert the title block, it was scaled down too small....

thats what we did, but for some reason, the title block doesnt insert 1:1 in this old drawing. It inserts fine when i tried to insert it in a new one. I didnt change any settings when I created the title block. just used acad.dwt. its really confusing.....

are the units for the title block and the drawing you're currently working on the same?

inserting a drawing into another with different units causes this kind of problem

the insertion scale for the title block we created is set to inches. we're trying to create a layout on a letter sized paper. we tried to tinker with the JNITS of the old drawing, setting it to unitless, then back to inches again. but that didnt work....maybe there is some other settings in the old drawing we dont know about..... i only learned autoCAD 2008, so i dont know how to work with old drawings....

thanks for your help guys....