Logo in titleblock jumps when imported from Inventor

Niks

Hi,

I created a titleblock in Inventor, which has a Logo of our company. The object is imported through Insert > Insert Image... because that's the only way to import it when editing the title block definition. In Inventor the logo is showed up quite well, but when I save the drawing as a .dwg file and open it in AutoCAD, the logo jumps.

I have measured the distance from the left edge of the logo to the left edge of the paper in AutoCAD, and it seems that those distances are about the same. Besides that, the logo also jumps a little in vertical direction, but I didn't manage to find a relation between any distances.

Another thing I tried is to constrain the logo, but I can't seem to select the logo anyways :(

Is there any way to stop the logo from jumping?

Thanks,

Nick

EDIT:

I forgot to say, we use Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 2008 and Autodesk Inventor 2008 :)

does the logo have an insertion point specified which could be causing this problem?

Isn't the logo parked in your title block file? and is your title block constructed with editable attributes?

As far as I know it isn't constrained or whatsoever, you can just click and drag the image.

The title block only contains of a table with text in it. The table is fully dimensioned, the text isn't. The title block isn't dimensioned to the X/Y-axis, because the title block will automatically be attached to the bottom right corner of the paper.

Also I don't think the image has an insert point, since I just get a crosshair with a yellow dot in the middle. This dot doesn't turn green when I hover a line and doesn't snap to it either.

What do you mean by "the logo is parked in the title block file"? The title block is located under Drawing Resources > Title Blocks in the browser bar.

Ok, so I found out how to make a proper title block in ACAD. I save the file by File > Save Copy As, then select AutoCAD Drawings (.dwg) (previeusly I did File > Save As, then select Inventor Drawings (.dwg), which is quite a difference).

The drawing is represented quite well, but... Inventor saves all the sheets in my drawing as seperate ACAD drawings! Quite a problem when you have about 20 drawings and you'd like them to be in one file, isn't it?

Anyone knows how to configure Inventor to make it save one complete file?