How to avoid clipping

fransblok

I noticed Autocad (I'm using 2008 ) doesn't render objects that are very close to the camera and also doesn't show them in various visual styles. These objects are ruthlessly sliced by a clipping plane.

I can't find a way to turn this clipping plane off. Any suggestions?

if you go to visualize and put it on 2d wireframe you should be able to get pretty close. the zoom in 2d mode is parallel. I was able to get pretty close in 09 without clipping issues.

i guess my attachment was too large.

here is a pic.

are you using cameras or are you rendering the viewport? A camera might be another option that will let you place the camera far away and zoom in.

SparkPlugPresent11.jpg

I'll have to try out Remark's and Shift's method...but when i ran into the same problem my solution was to place the camera target as near as possible to the camera origin and it worked great.

papagyi, 3dclip controls the clipping plane in the drawing so you can make a "section" right? I think his problem is the way 08-09 zoom is setup.
Ya!I see friend.You & lazerus answered for it.

I want to know knowledge about "3dclip" clipping plane for fransblok.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your reactions, and sorry for not coming back earlier. I tried everything but I kept having the same problem. Here's a screenshot to make it a bit more clear.

Now I've tried the one trick that works with almost every Autocad problem I've ever had: copypaste everything into another drawing in which the problem doesn't exist; unfortunaltely I apparently cannot copypaste camera's.

Now the problem is solved, no more clipping planes. There must be one of the 20.000 or so autocad variables that controls this effect, but unfortunately I still don't know which one....

schermschot.jpg