Plotting Through Sheet Set Manager

Burtzlaff

I have always plotted by doing a page setup override in my sheet set manager if i need to plot a set. However, it clogs up my company plotter, as it has to load all the sheets before it prints in the plotter queue and it sits at the top of the queue, thus I get some angry co-workers from time to time because they can't print til mine prints (which takes an 45 minutes sometimes).

My question is, is there anyway that i can get it to load all the sheets on my computer and then send to the plotter so it simply prints say the 40 sheets instantly while slowing down my own personal computer? I'd assume this isn't necessarily a CAD option but i'll give it a shot.

It seems like there is a variable or something in Acad that deals with this, but I am not sure.

I believe you can set it in your printer settings under the advanced tab. Mine has a section that reads

Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster

Start printing after last page is spooled

Start printing immediately

Print directly to the printer

I would look into these settings.