Fatal Error, Heap Error

gsksun4

Any way to fix the autocad file once you get a fatal error? I can't do an audit because it won't open, and a drawing recovery doesn't fix the file. When I got the fatal error, I did NOT save the file. I was told not to save the file when this happens.

Any suggestions?

Heap error? Really? Haven't seen that since my AutoCAD on DOS days.

Do you have a .bak file of the drawing? You could rename it to .dwg and at least save some of your work.

When I've had a fatal error I've elected to save the file. Most times you can't tell the difference with the exception of the loss of the most recent work done to it.

You can also look to see if there was a AutoSave file created the file extension is *.sv$. If there is a autosave file just rename the file extension to .dwg.

Good luck.

Thanks to all. Especially on the quick response. I guess I knew all along that renaming another file extension, .bak, .tmp, .sv$, etc. was the only way. I was taught NOT to save when you get the Fatal Error, but I think I'll try it the other way next time.

Again, thanks to all.

I just thought of something. What if I rename the .bak file and bring it up and it too gets a fatal error?

I just did a rename on the backup file, opened it, now I get an Internal Error. The drawing never got to the point where I see anything on the screen.

During the drawing recovery. I got this:

ACIS error -1073741819:

Access Violation.