Free Student Software

Jon B

I am trying to get a copy of AutoCAD and I was told that if you were a student, you could sign up at Autodesk and you could download free software. So, I went and signed up and everything works. I went to the software downloads tab and there are 19 programs there to download for free.

Autodesk Inventor

Autodesk AliasStudio

AutoCAD Electrical

Autodesk SketchBook Pro

AutoCAD Architecture

AutoCAD Civil 3D

AutoCAD Map 3D

AutoCAD MEP

AutoCAD Raster Design

Autodesk 3ds Max

Autodesk Impression

Autodesk Maya PLE

Autodesk MotionBuilder PLE

Autodesk NavisWorks Manage

Autodesk Showcase

Autodesk VIZ

Revit Architecture

Revit MEP

Revit Structure

Now, I'm just looking for AutoCAD and was wondering if any of these programs are similar, or does anyone know anywhere on the site where I can download it or buy it, because I can't seem to find anything there.

You cannot download plain old vanilla AutoCAD for free. You can get a heavily discounted student license for one year though. AutoCAD is included as the base software for some of the software listed above but not all. Example: AutoCAD Electric.

wow, I had no idea you could download it for free. I purchased mine online, its $160 for a 13 month license or $360 for a permanent license (at least in the US). The only thing required is a proof that you are currently taking a drafting / cad class.

I will definitely check out their webpage for this, thanks for the info.

Jesper

Back up the horses cowboys. If either of you bothered to look in the Beginner's Area > Student Software and read the very nice explanation about "free AutoDesk software" that CADTutor (the one, the only, the magnificent) wrote you'll see that it says "Notice that there is no vanilla AutoCAD, only the vertical products are available." One downside to speed reading is the lack of retention.

Thanks for pointing this out ReMark, amazing that my teacher wasn't aware of this (and that I didn't notice this until now), I will definitely let her know.