Fields Help!!!

chelsea1307

1.Is there a way to link the scale from my title to the scale in the title box? or it would be even better if I could link the scale that I zoom to in the viewport to the scale text in my title to the scale text in the title block. any suggestions?

2. Continuing with custom fields how would i go about making the title field except three lines instead of one?

attached is a drawing to show what im talking about as best i can. any help would be great.

cadtutorfields.dwg

if your title block only allows for two lines of text, then you either dream up a shorter title or you check with the powers that be that it's okay to hack about with the block itself to accommodate a third line (don't do it just because you can, you may be contravening company drawing standards or a stipulation from a client)

if you don't have an editable attribute in the scale box it may be feasible to force the plot stamp to appear here

I'm sure somebody asked about this before though, so with a bit of searching you may find something useful like a Lisp to do that for you

my title block allows up to three lines of title but in the sheet set manager it only gives me one line for the title. and can you explain a little more on the scale idea? does the plot stamp show the scale size? im creating new title blocks for my company and trying to set up the sheet set manager with the sht txt. so i can change any attributes needed.

the plot stamp can show the scale you're PRINTING at, but I don't think it can cope with what you've scaled a drawing to if you're plotting 1:1. Have a look for that Lisp if you're doing it that way

I've not had occasion to use a sheet set manager, so I'm sorry I can't help out with that one at all