Snap on intelligent objects

jennijenj3

For some reason my settings have been changed and I cannot get my snap to work on doors, walls, or windows. It only allows me to snap to the base line for the walls and no where on doors or windows. I used to be able to snap on all corners of the doors and windows and any face of the wall. It's really frustrating! I know it's got to be some setting, but I can't find it. Please help!

I've played around with checking them all on or off. I'm not sure if that's what your asking or not. The problem is that it won't selected the endpoint, midpoint or perpendicular of any door, wall or window. It will also only select the perpendicular of only one side of a wall.

that sounds rather annoying!

There's probably a SETVAR that's been adjusted somewhere along the line, but unfortunately I've no idea which it would be :(

hmmm. do you know how to reset the settings so that possibly what ever had been changed will restore itself back to normal?

Sounds like you are using ADT rather than plain autocad. Go into options and look at the tabs to the far right at the top. One of those will let you filter in or out the intelligent objects you are having trouble with. There is probably a command to type to bring it up as well, but I don't have ADT to try it.