remove extrude on 3d solid

cldryden

HI,

I asked this question a time ago, and still haven't got a good response. Someone help! hee hee -

ok, I have a topography map in acad 2004. They are polylines. I extruded them, then accidentely saved and closed. Now I don't have the simple polylines anymore.

Is there anyway possibly to remove the extrusion from this? Meaning. Go back to basic polylines from a 3d solid? I have tried the flatten that only places the z to zero. They are all at zero, but they are still 3d solids.

Thanks a ton

Candie

Hi,

I have tried the flatten.lsp and that does not work. Any other suggestions. So far the only way I can do it so far is to copy each face, then it becomes a region. Then I have to explode, then edit and join. Ugghhh.

Too many steps.... Anything simpler?

I am not sure what version of CAD you are running but in 2007 i think the command flatshot might be alittle easier. Its not a command i use very often but sometimes i have to take a 3D model and convert it to 2D and send it to a client, this may be a little better than your previous method but not by a lot. Hope this helps