where can I get 3d drawings of nuts, bolts and screws?

cameron sydenham

Freebies or paid? For freebies you can check in at the CAD Block Exchange Network. I'm positive that you can buy 3D libraries of nuts, bolts and screws. We talking Imperial or Metric?

Try this website for a variety of 3D parts including bolts. Note that you have to click on the 3D Manufacturers tab.

http://oem.cadregister.com/asp/PPOW_Entry.asp?language=GB&product=PS&referrer=V3Redirect&ori=/CADREgister.ppow&

The content is free after registration.

For bolts, nuts and washers I suggest looking at a company called Fastenal. Companies are listed in alphabetical order. I hope you find this useful. Wish you had replied with more detail however.

i have also used the thomas register.net for cad files of bolts/nuts. although importing things like this may not always give you the best format to work with.

It's always best, whenever possible, to create your own models. The free stuff you find online is not always the best quality. It will do in a pinch, but as the saying goes, "if you want something done right, do it yourself." :wink:

using punch via cad. very basic i think but it does everything i need except this, i have a hard time doing the threads. i can use any cad format as an input, just needed a little help finding the drawings.

thanks.

• 2 months later...
Bolts: 60 seconds if you include the helical threads.:D

Just wondering how you would do the helical threads so quickly? be great if you've got time to quickly explain the command for that :?