Novice needing help

audacesfortunajuvat1886@

Novice needing help

I've currently got a drawing (on Autocad 2006) designed using autocad but the drawing isn't coordinated using the Ordance Survey coordinates that I require.

How do I go about assigning cartain points coordinates that would then automatically mean that the rest of the drawing would then be set to the grid that I require

Could LIMITS be of any use? It would allow you to specify the coordinates of a box by assigning values to the lower left and upper right hand corners.

You have two options, but they both depend on your knowing what point in your drawing, you know the coordinates in Ordnance Survey. Either set up a UCS, but probably the easiest is to move your whole drawing so that the coordinates match up.

A further point to ponder, a distance of 100metres in Ordnance Survey coordinates is not equivalent to 100metres measured on the ground. You have to apply Scale Factor. If the project is for construction, DO NOT have an Ordnance Survey Coordinate system. Have a flat earth system where 100 metres on the drawing is the same as 100 metres on the ground :shock: Also there are soooo many digits, that a site engineer may get confused :?