• nocturne00

• eldon

• iainlines

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

first when i type .25

second it will come absolute style

and third i need the .25 to be the x dim

not the angular dim (v). when i write it the way you said i get the (V) dim as .25

i need the x dim to be .25

Drawing2.jpg

"first when i type .25

it is placed automatically after you hit enter, see the command line in my previous post.

as for your elusive question, its like drawing a right triangle where you want to draw a line(hypotenuse) where your input is based from the base angle and base length. No, there is no such way.

you may have to input using rectangular (cartesian) coordinates instead of polar, because when you use polar input, autocad interprets the first number as length, and not the x-component of the length.

if you want to use relative coordinates by default, with the @ symbol, then right-click on the "DYN" button and select settings. under "enable pointer input" select "settings", and then click on "relative coordinates".

In this particular case, knowing that 45° gives an equal x and y dimension, you should enter a relative coordinate of 0.25,0.25.

For polar coordinates, you should be inputting the hypotenuse (in this case 0.354), if you want to specify an angle.

so there is no other way of doing it, the drawing i got had only the .25 dim

and the angle.

so what you tell me is that i need to find the other hight dim or find out the

the length of the hypotenuse (v) dim

thnks

What about drawing two lines at a 90 degree angle and then using the Chamfer option? Just hit the button and type D for distance and then set Distance 1 to 0.25. Distance 2 should automatically be set to 0.25 as well, but you can change it to be any other dimension you like.

• 1 year later...

i searched for "drawing a line with specific angle" and then if found this pages.i read this 2 pages.

What about drawing two lines at a 90 degree angle and then using the Chamfer option? Just hit the button and type D for distance and then set Distance 1 to 0.25. Distance 2 should automatically be set to 0.25 as well, but you can change it to be any other dimension you like.

chamber is best chois for drawing a line at specific angle WHEN you already have 2 object. but sometimes you start drawing in blank screen.you need to draw a line with X distant and angle. i prefer to draw line and then ROTATE it.

dose anybody have any practical solution?

• 2 years later...

you can always use some inline lisp.

This should work:

l[enter]

x,y[enter]

(/ dx (sin (* angle (/ pi 180))))[enter]

where

x,y are the coordinates of the firs point

dx is the desired dimension on x axis

angle is the desired angle

To answer the question:

(/ 0.25 (sin (* 45 (/ pi 180))))

Nyd, I believe that you should use Cosine instead of Sine trigonometric function - although it works for your case since the angle is 45 degrees.

Draw a line 0.25 in X axis, draw a line straight up from this longer than needed. Then go back to your starting point and use

That said, chamfer is really the best and easiest way

Chamfer is easiest.

Next best way might be to Offset .25

or with Otracking draw vertical line, select the line, get rotation grip and rotate and trim as needed

or

polar tracking and trim

or xline

or ray

...........so many ways that will work even when not 45°

That's the second time I've done something like that. I think it was 9 years last time. I feel slightly less silly as JDM was also caught out. D'oh!