image rotating problem

tem

i copied image from PDF using snaphot tool and than had paste directly in drawing. i cant rotate the image. rotate tool just moves image, doesnot rotates around base point. how to resolve that problem?

When you copy and paste a pdf into your Cad file, it comes in as an OLE object. You can Move it and you can Scale it, but you can't Rotate it. So, if you need to Rotate it, you will have to convert the pdf image to jpg or tif or some format that can be brought into the drawing using the IMAGEATTACH command.

rotate it before you copy from the source. I haven't confirmed, but if you select the OLE image can you go to properties & maybe enter a rotation of 90 degrees

in AutoCAD 2009 I can confirm that when you paste the OLE you get to enter scale and rotation. Also you can use properties to change the rotation

in AutoCAD 2009 I can confirm that when you paste the OLE you get to enter scale and rotation. Also you can use properties to change the rotation

:huh: Really? According to Autodesk, this is not possible.

Autocad Services & Support - Rotating OLE Objects

I have 2007 at home and 2008 at work, so I can't test this myself.

• 7 years later...
When you copy and paste a pdf into your Cad file, it comes in as an OLE object. You can Move it and you can Scale it, but you can't Rotate it. So, if you need to Rotate it, you will have to convert the pdf image to jpg or tif or some format that can be brought into the drawing using the IMAGEATTACH command.

I don't believe this is true. I have pasted a pdf image into CAD and have been able to rotate it without any problems.

I don't believe this is true. I have pasted a pdf image into CAD and have been able to rotate it without any problems.

You realize the post you are replying to is from 2008, right?

And you are using Autocad 2016, not Autocad 2007 like I was at the time I posted that.

lol throwback Friday. When I want to paste an image into a dwg I first open it in paint then Copy it then Special Paste it in AutoCAD. Now I'm curious, how the hell did you you find this post?

You realize the post you are replying to is from 2008, right?

And you are using Autocad 2016, not Autocad 2007 like I was at the time I posted that.

:rofl::notworthy::facepalm: