Adding fonts in AutoCAD 2004

Fabricator

In several previous positions where I used AutoCAD it was possible to choose from among eight or ten fonts. At my current employer there is only one font available, even though I don find a folder that mentions other fonts.

How is it possible to add more fonts? I want something with more mass to it than STANDARD. I use AutoCAD in my work creating technical manuals in Framemaker. AutoCAD works very well with Framemaker.

I'm old, probably too old.

Try from the command line "STYLE" ~ without the quotes.

This usually presents all the fonts available on my XP Pro OS.

You can also click on the Format pull-down menu then click on Text Style. You should have all the normal fonts available to you that AutoCAD comes standard with.

There is only one font listed there; it is Standard. That has been the case after an initial install, and two subsequent uninstalls and installs.

The installations are done from a first class, authentic, AutoCAD CD, too.

Now what are your thoughts?

I didn't think that there was a font called Standard. There is the default Text Style which is called Standard, and that has a default font txt, which can be altered - explore the scroll button. :)

Style.jpg

Strange indeed. I can't think of one reason why AutoCAD would not load all of its standard fonts. Is this a standalone or networked computer? If you check under Options > Files what is the path for fonts shown as? Using Explorer check the contents of the font folder. What do you see (or not see)?