Taking forever to plot

grasshopper

I have a few drawings that take forever to plot to PDF, the size of the files I make are on the average 80-100MB and they plot to PDF in just a few seconds but I have a set of files that I have had to do revisions on one occasion and since then they've been taking 1/2 - 1 hour to plot and these average about 70MB....

anyone got ideas.

Thanks

That's gotta be your file size. My .dwgs are rarely higher than 1 or 2mb, Do you maybe have some really big raster image references?

hmmm maybe but still, it doesn't make sense why some files of the nearly the same size some smaller some bigger would plot faster than files of the like?

Having encountered a similar problem, I turned off background plotting and it did the trick

If you want to enable or disable plotting or publishing "on the background" (without interrupting your work), you can use the command option (checkbox) or the BACKGROUNDPLOT variable (value 0 switches off both background plotting and publishing).

Hope this helps

Having encountered a similar problem, I turned off background plotting and it did the trick

If you want to enable or disable plotting or publishing "on the background" (without interrupting your work), you can use the command option (checkbox) or the BACKGROUNDPLOT variable (value 0 switches off both background plotting and publishing).

Hope this helps

dang... that wasn't it... any other suggestions?