More tutorials , advice needed on drawing

cameroon95

Hi guys,

Im looking if someone can point me in the direction of some inventor tutorials, asides from the ones within the software?

Iv started to create a part for practice but im struggling a bit, iv attached it here.

Creating the main cylinder, part is ok. But at the bottom and tops of the piece im having problems.

How can i make holes on the bottom cylinder like that, I know i have to use work planes but do no know how!

At the top where the fitting is placed, I do not have much of idea how to start this. Would it be easier to use inventor's content library and look for parts for this fitting?

Its a fuel regulator for a car by the way.

Any help on this is appreciated, im still learning this software and any input is greatly welcomed.

sardregulators_1.JPG

are you trying to do this as one piece, or as an assembly?

The holes in the bottom can be done with offset planes. use the ] button then select one of the planes from the origin in the design tree, move over to the model and click and hold it with the mouse button, then drag it so that its tangent to the surface of the part. sketch the hole on there and your done.

the vacuum fitting could be done by extruding 2 circles on different planes and adding a big radius to the part.

ok, I tried this out. obviously no to scale

extrude 2 circles on intersecting planes to get the basic shape, you'll be missing a triangle cutout.

draw the triangle cutout on the 3rd plane, extrude it to the diameter of the fitting then add a fillet radius of the same diameter as the rest of the part. Then add the rest of the features as you normally would.

you could also do a sweep, but I'm not sure how you would get the boss centered on the bend.

reg1.jpg

reg2.jpg

one great place to look is on YouTube.

go to the YouTube website and look up "Autodesk Inventor Tutorial"

There's one account named 'CadTutor' and another named 'xXxLettoxXx' and both have great tutorials