Exporting to Raster files

masheen

Hi all,

I'm aware this subject has been covered extensively already on this forum but the solutions posted just aren't working for me : (

I have used the Add Plotter wizard and changed the 'Media' option in the Edit Plotter Configuration button but this is just generating a large drawing with a small layout down in the corner! I noticed 'Media' is for the 'source and size' so surely this is the problem? its changing my page size which is obviously bigger than the original drawing. I have tried changing the original page size to match the generated size but cant figure out how to enlarge it to 1600x1280 for example. I always imagined that this export process takes the layout window and just blows it up a few times to the desired page size to increase resolution but now im confused.

Please help as my boss is complaining that the drawings are not high enough resolution and im still trying to convince him that Autocad is the way to go instead of Turbocad and Allplan....

Thanks in advance : )

Set your page size by multiplying the desired size by the desired resolution. Therefore, if you want a 24x36 size sheet @ 300 dpi multiply 24x300 for the height and 36x300 for the width resulting in a size of 7200x10800.

Thanks for the reply Rusty and what you are saying makes sense although entering such values in the 'Custom sizes' option just gives me a massive page and a tiny layout in the bottom left hand corner...what am i doing wrong?! :?

Im printing from the model space (layout) and the Plot Scale is set as standard - 1m = 1unit (1:1) and the Viewport scale hasnt been set - just zoomed to fit (we don't produce to-scale drawings here or print using a physical plotter, we only attach the plans to emails for clients approval)

If scaling is not an issue then select "scale to fit". If it is an issue then print as follows:

Printing to an image in modelspace (model tab)

Set scale to the resolution desired (300 dpi in previous example) = scale desired. Thus if you want a 20 scale print (image) @ 300 dpi resolution it will be set to 300 pixels = 20 unit

Printing to an image in paperspace (in your layout)

Set scale to the resolution desired (300 dpi) = 1 unit where your viewport is set to the desired scale.

Ok so experimenting with the mm to unit ratios makes the drawing itself larger and given a few days could probably find the right number to make it fit exactly but it is now coming out looking like its been through a fax machine with lines missing or very faint...and i set it to Max quality...

Is there any other way to export to a raster format? this way of 'screen dumping' never seems to allow me to get a decent image aside from the usual which is the size of the monitor - thats ok but it could be much better...surely?!

originally it was the jpgout command but now that im going through the Add Plotter Wizard process im using the printer icon to start the plot process. I always used to export to jpg but have been prompted to use PNG instead