2009 problem drawing a line or rectangle! using the @ command

Nigel E5

This is my first post on here, I did have a quick look at the FAQ but I could not find any thing so here goes:-

Running acad 2009 with no service pack.This lovely useful program crashed on me the other day from a unrelated problem sent off error report and got a message back to apply service pack 2. I do not have a subscription at the moment so I did not get the update. No problem I thought I will not use that command again, however and here's the thing, I can no long draw a simple 1000,1000 rectangle using the @ sign.

If I Click anywhere out side my drawing limits and do @1000,1000 the resulting entity finishes 1000,1000 from the absolute (0,0).

Is there a setvar that I need to change or a dialogue box setting.

I have not had this problem with 2008 version nor all the earlier releases back to R13.

Could anyone shed some light on this please.

No subscription is required to download a Service Pack. All you really need is a licensed copy of AutoCAD. The only file you cannot download is the Bonus Pack. It can only be downloaded by logging into the subscription center.

I have a licensed copy of AutoCAD, the service pack install asks for the CD I put CD in to computer, the next message is can not find the file.

The problem may not even be anything to do with service pack.

CmdrDuh, I have tried with out the @. I did notice that @ is not needed always.

I did load in service pack 1 a few months ago but Acad seemed to run slower

I will be forced to pay for a years subscription (£195) just to get technical support for £3000 software that will have a new release come March..

Its like buying a pair of trousers from M&S and then going back to have the fly's added, for extra cost.

Trading standards anyone!

The subscription gives you access to bonus packs and although no promises are made by AutoDesk also provides you with any incremental upgrades that are released during the span of your contract. It also gives you one more source for assistance should you have a problem. Actually getting anybody to help...well that's a whole other story.

When a message comes up that a file cannot be found the first thing you should do is go search for it yourself using Explorer. If you find the file then you'll have to use the Browse button to point the program in the right direction so it too can find the file.