Wire Once Again

Nick@TE-Direct

Hey guys I am going to attach a pic of Fiberglass wire which I found on the net and I am looking to make a render very similar to this. I don't know if this is an Autocad render or from another program. But my question is, what do you think would be the easiest way to create this??

Fiberglass Wire.jpg

Pretty cool image no matter what it was made in.. My 3d skills are poor at best, but I wonder if the weave pattern on the insulation and sheathing could be done as a material? can't imagine having to model the weave pattern.... makes me want to try modeling it also, I can't ever get my materials to look realistic like I see other do though...

ghost is right the weaving would be just fine with a bump map on the material. you can create one from your chosen pattern in photoshop or some textures include them.

theres links to textures in sticky in this forum, infact i was on the hunt for a weave bump map the other and found one here http://textures.forrest.cz/ last page i think