scale a wblock

ChloeG

right so i have downloaded couple of wblocks, and i have a problem scale. The scale i am meant to be using for my floor plan is 1:75. The W blocks of e.g a sofa i have downloaded and inserted into my floor plan was WAAAY too big. Even bigger than my floor plan!

and the website im downloading wblocks from is e-interiors.net. Do you guys know any other free websites, or have a free section?

Two common insertion problems are that the model is not drawn to scale making the block appear impossibly big, or you're inserting the block in paper space not model space and since the furniture is much bigger then your paper it seems bigger then your layout. Assuming those are not the problems, then the block may not be drawn correctly. You can use the scale command to resize blocks in this case.

Many AutoCAD users find the CAD Block Exchange Network to be a good source of blocks. Content is available for free download although the site suggests a commensurate upload of a block as a sign of good faith. When just starting out it may be difficult to reciprocate. Check it out. Here's a link to get you started:

http://cben.net/

hey there, thanks for replying. I am inserting it in model space though.

And if i was to use scale command to resize blocks. What should i enter for the scale factor? (keeping in mind im using 1:75) cheers :)

ReMark - you are awesome! Thanks!

Thank you.:oops: I'll be expecting an offer of a free house design once you attain your license as an architect.:lol: Unfortunately I cannot take full credit for finding the site as it was recommended to me when I was in a similar situation such as yours. Just paying it forward so to speak. Happy block hunting.

Thank you.:oops: I'll be expecting an offer of a free house design once you attain your license as an architect.:lol: Unfortunately I cannot take full credit for finding the site as it was recommended to me when I was in a similar situation such as yours. Just paying it forward so to speak. Happy block hunting.

Haha you got it :P

hey there, thanks for replying. I am inserting it in model space though.

And if i was to use scale command to resize blocks. What should i enter for the scale factor? (keeping in mind im using 1:75) cheers :)

I would firstly recommend drawing your layout full size, and using paper space to control your scale. However if you're required to draw it at 1:75 then you should scale the blocks to 1/75 the size. You can just type in the fraction as your scale factor and it should make it the appropriate size.

Thanks ABuckingham for replying again. I really appreciate your effort. But since i am only a beginner i cant understand half of the things you are talking about. I am so sorry for i am a clueless when it comes to autocad.

Id really appreciate it, if anyone can clarify how to scale a wblock further. Thank you.

The first thing you should get to know, is that your plan scale does not come first in the great order of things. You first of all draw lines at full scale i.e. one drawing unit equals one foot (metre or millimetre).

Scaling comes when you plot your drawing.

Thank you eldon. I cant seem to understand much once again, i really apologise you guys.

I thought i'd upload an image to show you what iam having a problem with: yellow = my floor plan. Grey = a sofa..wblock ive downloaded and trying to place it into my floor plan. As you can see the sofa is waaaaaaaaay bigger than my floor plan!!

The instructor showed as a way to use a pl as a reference to scale down the furniture we download, i cant seem to remember much of it.

arghhhje6.jpg

I have no experience with Architecture 2009 (or any other version for that matter). However, it sounds like you're doing a drawing much like it would have been done on a drafting board by scaling everything down to fit on your sheet. Then when you try to bring the sofa block in you find that it is way too big. That's because the sofa was drawn full size. As previously stated the block will have to be reduced in scale in order for it to fit on the drawing. Since the sofa is already in the drawing why not use the Scale command to make it smaller?

Maybe that's the sofa King Kong had in his living room. LOL