how to make my 2009 looks like older versions (older style)

nbaryosef

you sure you want to do that? I love the newly found screen space after fiddling with things for a bit. I will look around a bit to see if I can find it.

Or work with both new and old interfaces. Add the menu bar above the Ribbon by changing the variable menubar from "0" (the default) to "1".

man i cant stand that new interface i have 2 setups one for 3d and one for 2d work. i dunno if I'm using it wrong or not but i cant put my visual styles and my orientation icons on the 3d one it drives me crazy. I've been using the same setup for over 4 years i guess its just a little strange when things aren't where you expect them to be.

Jay C:

Have you given any thought to making a customized Ribbon with the tabs and panels you want to see?

i tried to but couldn't figure out how. i only use 2009 at school so i really don't get to play around with it alot. I mostly draw from home. But i was a little confused in 2008 i right click on a toolbar and click customize and i can add any icon to the toolbar i want. But in 2009 when i right click the ribbon i dont get a customize option so i was a little comfused. Again i don't have it so maybe it grows on you but its hard for me to keep switching back and forth.

Visual Styles and orientation icons are already included on the 3D Ribbon. Can you just not find them or do you want them to be on the same tab?

Visual Styles can be found on the 3D Ribbon under the Visualize tab.

Orientation icons (you mean Top, bottom, right, left, etc.?) can be found on the 3D Ribbon's Home tab the View panel. See the drop-down box with the words "unsaved current" in it. Click on the down arrow.

The Visual Styles Manager can be accessed off the 3D Ribbon's View tab. It is on the 3D Palettes panel.

The CUI Interface editor can be found on the 3D Ribbon's Tools tab. It is on the Customization panel. Be very careful with this one. You screw something up while trying to customize the CUI you may not have any tabs, panels or toolbars left to complain about.

The Visual Styles Manager can be accessed off the 3D Ribbon's View tab. It is on the 3D Palettes panel.

The CUI Interface editor can be found on the 3D Ribbon's Tools tab. It is on the Customization panel. Be very careful with this one. You screw something up while trying to customize the CUI you may not have any tabs, panels or toolbars left to complain about.

ok thanks. my problem was i was looking for icons, and didn't realize you had to click that little drop down under each tab. I was watching a video on how to customize the ribbon it doesn't looks so bad.

i can't even tell you how much i despise the newer versions of Autocad. There has never been a better version than 2005, now they've bogged it down, made it slower and more annoying. Same commands in different places. I HATE the rollover "highlight" select feature, most annoying thing ever. The ribbon is a joke, completely unnecessary feature. Instead of making it more user friendly, they've created a mess.

I wish my company would STOP upgrading!!!!!

i can't even tell you how much i despise the newer versions of Autocad. There has never been a better version than 2005, now they've bogged it down, made it slower and more annoying. Same commands in different places. I HATE the rollover "highlight" select feature, most annoying thing ever. The ribbon is a joke, completely unnecessary feature. Instead of making it more user friendly, they've created a mess.

AutoCAD 2006 was a much better version than 2005 IMHO. But I run 2008 and I really love it. We have one seat that has 2009 and I can't stand it at all. I would get used to it but I would have to go back to the Classic interface, no question. :)

I HATE the rollover "highlight" select feature, most annoying thing ever. The ribbon is a joke, completely unnecessary feature. Instead of making it more user friendly, they've created a mess.

I be with you.Acad 2009 should be more improve modeling,material...stable..instead of joking user interface.

I was pretty damn happy with 2007. Although I had 2009 in my desk for a few months I was reluctant to install it. Finally made the plunge after a "push" by J.D. Mather (re: my old skills and the use of an "old" version of AC - LOL) but it was a real struggle at first. What helped was customizing the Ribbon. Can't say I'm entirely happy as the interface is a bit harder to read (muted colors) and it seems as though sometimes it takes more than one click to get a command to work (possible "old" mouse?), and there are a couple of printing anomolies that I haven't figured out yet. Other than that I'm learning to adjust. At some point I may just recommend we stop upgrading to every new release and go back to a 2 or even a 3 year cycle. It won't save $$$ but it would be less of a pain in the neck.

I really like R09, now that I have made it look like R07.

The black look is very easy on the eyes, It does seem to run smother.

Dumped the ribbon thing, more clicks to access a menu or tool button.

And I got rid of the any fly out menus.