Install 32-bit AutoCAD Architecture 2008 on Windows Vista 64-bit OS

Shen

yea i had this problem there was an easy fix tho since i couldn't obtain those two files. i followed this guide on the autodesk forums

1. Download and install Orca from Microsoft. 2. Copy the installation files to your hard drive or a network folder. 3. Backup the files ACA.msi and Setup.ini 4. Edit the ACA.msi with Orca and delete the action found in the table "InstallExecuteSequence" that is called "CheckFor64BitOS" Delete the same line under table "CustomAction" 5. Save and close the ACA.msi 6. Edit the Setup.ini with Notepad. Delete the line under "#==================== Platform Requirement" that is labeled "PLATFORM=NO_WOW_64_PROCESS" 7. Double-click the Setup.exe and you should be able to install without any problems. 8. Some support paths under the "Files" tab of the configuration dialog box have incorrect paths. The installer adds and extra "\AppData\AppData" to some support paths located in the user profile. For example the Main Customization File's path is listed as "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\AppData\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ACD-A 2008\enu\Support\ADT" when it should be "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ACD-A 2008\enu\Support\ADT" Fix the incorrect paths, hit apply, and you are good to go.

• 1 year later...

I just noticed that http://www.longbowsoftware.com now supports AutoCAD Architecture, nice!!

You know, I've posted a few places about their software, the reason is simply because I'm so happy that I found it!! It honestly saved my a** at work because I recommended that my company upgrade all our PC's to 64bit without fully knowing about the 32bit restrictions in AutoCAD, Architecture, etc.

I hope my posts will save someone else's a** too!! :-)

"...without fully knowing about the 32bit restrictions in AutoCAD."

So what you are saying is that you did not do your homework. Kind of like a self-inflicted gunshot wound I'd say.