stepping into drawings. . . and back out!

comcu

Hi,

i was hoping someone could pont me in the right direction.

i

i am currently building an drawing tool for curtain walling screens. it consists manily of 32 forms main input form, mullion creation form and transom creation form and it is coming along nicely.

i am tryin to add a function that allows the user to step in to cad drawing and check they are happy with the particular step of the drawing.

i have just added an undo function which is good, this comes in to use on the second form so the user can visually see if the have made a mistake as the drawing and the form are both visible on the screen, however the only way for the to check is check there calcs. i would like to add a button that allows the user to step into the drawing and measure and then return back to the form.

i know i can use the form.hide but how do i alow the user to get back to the form? i would want the form to be shown not loaded as it would lose the info typed in the text boxes.

thanks for any help or suggestions,

cheers,

col

Thank you for the response but i dont understand how to put it into practice.

once the form is hidden how do you get it back, i mean at what point does the Me.show run and what actions it?

Cheers,

Col

One method would be to use ThisDrawing.Utility.GetKeyWord() method. This method could be preconfigured with ThisDrawing.Utility.InitializeUserInput 128. This way the returned string from the GetKeyword could initiate the Form.Show. It even works for ENTER – where the returned string would be “”.

I place the me.hide within the form. When I perform some action with a button press, I start me.hide and then call the action (measuring, etc...) subroutine, when that sub has finished, it returns to the form button press sub and then call me.show

I place the me.hide within the form. When I perform some action with a button press, I start me.hide and then call the action (measuring, etc...) subroutine, when that sub has finished, it returns to the form button press sub and then call me.show

Borgunit,

thats perfect for what i am trying to achieve, thank you very much

Cheers,

Col