Rotate,copy multiple...

Well, first of all great forum to all the people that like and enjoy Autocad.

This is my first post and I start with a question :D

How can I rotate an object and make a copy every time I click on a different angle.

Ex. I rotate a line and every time it makes a copy, so the final object will be like a star * (if I make me understandable)

I know is too easy but I just can remember how to do it.

Thanks to all

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nocturne00

• warlock

• SAFeSTeR

• bonehead411

Rotate can be a little limited coz it doesnt have a rotate,copy, multiple option.

I think a better way to achieve a multiple rotation copy is to use the ARRAY command using the Polar Array option. Explore it, its a lot better than copy rotating it one by one

Rotate can be a little limited coz it doesnt have a rotate,copy, multiple option.

I think a better way to achieve a multiple rotation copy is to use the ARRAY command using the Polar Array option. Explore it, its a lot better than copy rotating it one by one

Thanks,

But I know that there’s a way to keep making copies while you rotate the object and click in different angles...

Don't you know any other option without using Array??

Thank you.

Select the object/s you want to rotate. Click on a grip, if ther'es one on your rotation base point choose that one, if not nevermind, you can choose a base point later. Hit enter twice to cycle through the grip options to the rotate option. (At this juncture, if you need a different base point press 'B' > 'Enter' > specify base point, then) Press 'C' > 'Enter' > specify rotation angle. This will keep copying until you exit the command.

Select the object/s you want to rotate. Click on a grip, if ther'es one on your rotation base point choose that one, if not nevermind, you can choose a base point later. Hit enter twice to cycle through the grip options to the rotate option. (At this juncture, if you need a different base point press 'B' > 'Enter' > specify base point, then) Press 'C' > 'Enter' > specify rotation angle. This will keep copying until you exit the command.

:shock:

That's what I was talking about.

Cheers mate

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What about mirror, don't erase original? Maybe I'm not fully understanding the desired result, but to rotate from a basepoint and keep the original object I've used mirror with great success.

• 3 weeks later...

I use 2016 and I don't seem to have this grip rotate feature, it would be handy as I do a lot of grip editing in my work.

I saw that different grip options appear depending on the type of object I select (then hover over a grip), for example, a polyline will show 'stretch vertex' or 'add vertex' while a standard line will show 'stretch' and 'lengthen', when I choose an option there isn't an option to rotate.

Post #6? [10 chars]

Select the object/s you want to rotate. Click on a grip...

Hit enter twice to cycle through the grip options to the rotate option...

You have to click the grip, not just hover over it. You can also just right-click and select an option, the right-click options can be changed in the CUI.

I know, I also mentioned that when I actually choose an option from the grip menu that the rotate option isn't available.

Nothing seems to work so I'll leave it at that.