CAD won't start

stanczyK

Seemingly it's all of a sudden reluctant to respond, AutoCAD 2008 that is. I don't get any errors or even a response, it leaves me only with my thoughts. I've tried repairing it, then reinstalling it, then turned off the DEP, I don't know what else to try.

Only thing I can think that went wrong or that's out of the ordinary is a recent registry clean up I did. I suppose it could've deleted something essential to a succesful launch but I really have no idea what it could be.

Does anyone have any input??

Do you have a restore point you could go back to that would be prior to the installation of AutoCAD? That would at least get you a reconstituted Registry at which point you could reinstall AutoCAD.

Since the OP admits to having done a Registry cleanup prior to the problem I too would agree that another one is probably not the way to go at this time.

One has to be careful when using third-party software to do Registry cleanups. The only one I'll use is Regclean. It even works with XP although I doubt it would work with Vista.

command prompt is useless, system restore was turned off, no point of return. nothing's in my favor.. I'll play around with it some more until the end of the week, when I absolutely need it, then probably end up reconfiguring the OS, sadly.

thank you all for your suggestions and rest assured, I won't be deleting any registry ever again.

How was AutoCAD uninstalled? I hope you used Add/Remove Software via the Control Panel.

Everything else, program-wise, works on your computer?