(dynamic)Blocks, attribute texts and visibilities

OMEGA-ThundeR

Hi,

I just found out the use of dynamic blocks a few days ago and its pretty handy.

At my work we had 1 drawing that had all kinds of blocks and they asked me to convert that drawing in dynamic blocks.

Now the problem.

Some of these blocks are with "attribute text" in them so you can edit its content easier. Some of these blocks can be put together in the same group. However if i make an dynamic block of them with visibilities the attribute text is *history*. The text is still there but i cannot edit it anymore.

Is there a way to keep them editable after making it an dynamic block ?

make sure they are in their attribute state in the block definition. It is easy to insert them as a block. Try to explode them.

Attributes work in dynamic blocks but do exhibit odd behaviours if you have some in one visibility state and others in a different visibility state.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I created a dynamic block in one drawing with rotate features but IF i HAVE TO SCALE THIS BLOCK I can no longer see the light blue grib when allows me to rotate it.

If I BEDIT the block I can see the rotate thing but when I come out from BEDIT i can no longer see it.

What am I doing wrong?

Check your resultant scale (to many decimal places). For a block to remain dynamic the scales must be identical. If I scale a block by 25,4:1 the X & Y scales remain correct but the Z shifts a tiny - but important - amount.

I use ctrl-C & ctrl-V to get the same value in the properties palette.

Check your resultant scale (to many decimal places). For a block to remain dynamic the scales must be identical. If I scale a block by 25,4:1 the X & Y scales remain correct but the Z shifts a tiny - but important - amount.

I use ctrl-C & ctrl-V to get the same value in the properties palette.

This worked.

Thank you

make sure they are in their attribute state in the block definition. It is easy to insert them as a block. Try to explode them.

Attributes work in dynamic blocks but do exhibit odd behaviours if you have some in one visibility state and others in a different visibility state.

They sure do are odd.

I have 2 icons (an X sign and an O sign). Both of them have an attribute text with them for numbers (x1 x2 x3 etc.)

They were blocks and i exploded them. Them i selected them both and entered "block" as command and used the block editor to make to visibilitie option (1 for the X and 1 for the O). But when i close the block editor the X and O sign are hidden depending on what choise you make, but the attribute text stays visible for both of them.

So i'm not quite done yet. I can edit the text though, so one step closer to home :).

Maybe some advice on this one ?

I read in one book to first make a block and then attach the attributes. In another book it said to explode the block, make the attributes and then make the block. Perhaps the blocks OMEGA-ThundeR is converting to dynamic blocks need to be exploded then the attributes reattached during the process of making the dynamic blocks. Is this thinking correct?

It was one of the things i tried.

Exploded the blocks, deleted the Attribute text, made block again with the blockeditor, and added the attribute text there, made visabilities, saved.

But no text was visible what so ever (and yes, i made them visible for each option).

It took a while, but its finally done.

Althougs its a pretty farfetch method and if you made an error you can start al over again.

How i did it :

- Made all the attribute texts you need

- Placed them on the location on the drawing where they should be in the end (location depends on the block drawing you use with it)

- When aligned make a block of them.

- In block editor make visibilities for each item.

- Set the visibilities for the attribute texts.

- In each visibilitie, put in the correct drawing block (like square, circle, cross)

- Save

If i want to add something of misaligned i have to start at point A agian.

It works, but its not a way i would prefer if it could be done better. If i have to add something to the dynamic block i can start from scratch again. Adding a visibilitie with the correct attribute text (wich is added in the block editor) and the drawing shows the option but not the block once selected.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Any chance you could attach your block to this thread so I can examine it? I'm having a problem creating a block which might be similar.

Thanks,

YP

Content management is the procedures and software used to manage a content source, typically a website. Software suites that enable this are called Content Management System (CMS).

A content provider is someone who provides original content (typically on internet websites). These would include news sites, interest sites, etc - for example the BBC site.

Using this content management and content provider we can add our images, article etc..

-Articlegenesis- plr articles, private label

rights articles, plr, content, article library, niche ideas,resale products

It doesn't matter if you create your attribute before, during or insert it into your dynamic block. If you have created your block and your attributes wont show up, here is what you can do.

- Once you are out of the block editor, use the "Synchronize Attribute" button (or "attsync" for you typers). It's in the Modify II toolbar. This will make all of your att's visible. You can do this later if you have added att's also.

- Or you can use the "Block Attribute Manager" button or "battman" (lol). Once you are in the command, you can select your block with the "Select" button (top left corner) or the pull down (top right corner). This command will sync. like the previous as well as let you rearrange the order of your attributes so they show up how you want in the editor (very handy) and modify each att's font, text, etc.

Have fun.

buildwitharchdotcom