Nested X-ref is invisible ...

hntrak

I am working with a set of drawings, each one references a base map, which in turn references a utility line. When I open the base map, I see the utility xref, and it is in the right place, but when I open up the final drawing (any one from the set of 31) only the base map shows up. I have checked the Visretain variable (set to '0'), and have also wblocked both the base, and the utility drawings - and re-xrefed each one. All to no avail - what am I missing (I am sure it is something simple) ... I would appreciate any help in this area.

Thank you!

Okay, it makes no sense, but after binding the utility xref to the map base, and saving - then the utility would show up in the final drawing. After that I 'undid' the bind xref, saved, and it still works - Thanks Autodesk! :oops:

• 2 weeks later...

I think that is the reason

See attached

Reference Type

Attachment : Display that xref when use the drawing as an xref to another drawing.

Overlay : Ignore Displaying that xref when use the drawing as xref to another drawing.

XREF-27.JPG