Changing units from mm to in?

Ski

How do you do this? Is it possible? I have solid that I imported from a supplier. They drew the part in mm and we do everything in inches. Can I change the units since it's a dumb solid?

Do not drag the file into the inventor window, instead place it/open it through the open dialog box and select the options button at the bottom before clicking ok. You can change the units there.

O.k., I think I know what you're talking about there, but I don't have that option.

I have the drawing on my desktop in a zip file. I did try that, but it just wants to open it up in Inventor. Now, I can change whatever program I want to open it up in, but that doesn't help me with units.

Extract the files from the zip folder to a different location and then open the files from Inventor. If the files auto-open and it doesn't allow you to browse in the zip folder, RMB on the zip folder and select explore.

Open Inventor, Select File/Open, change the file type to .stp and browse to the file that you extracted from the .zip file, select the file, select OPTIONS at the bottom of the window.

If this still does not work then I cannot help you.

David,

Thanks for trying to help. I was able to select options with your last suggestion, but there's no option to change units. I guess I'm going to have to manually convert the numbers. Thanks for your help and time though.