3d vessel, changing plotted rendering???

treysoucie

I have some 3d tanks that have a conical shaped top. the plot is rendering the vessels with many contour lines showing the conical shape of the top of tanks. Im wondering if there is a variable I can change to get no contour lines to plot on these 3d objects? ive have a picture attached of what the plots look like.

tank.jpg

i just tried that and no difference. the only difference is my pc can barely function in 3d-wireframe shademode as opposed to 2d-wireframe due to the model being quite large. In regards to the tank, there is no change in the appearance of the plotted tank.

no the entire tank (green) is on the same layer and is all one entity. the white ring around the tank is a concrete base and is a different layer. as well as the nozzles.

i just tried that and no difference. the only difference is my pc can barely function in 3d-wireframe shademode as opposed to 2d-wireframe due to the model being quite large. In regards to the tank, there is no change in the appearance of the plotted tank.

Not 3D Wireframe, 3D Hidden.

Try setting DISPSILH to 1 and plot. What happens?

the dispsilh is defaulted to "1", but i tried toggling between "1" and "0" with no difference in the plotted tank rendering.

thanks

the only other thing i can think of off hand is the color face command, and change the color of the top to white.

could you be more specific, as i cannot find this command, not even in the acad search/help suite.

thanks

Not 3D Wireframe, 3D Hidden.

changing to 3d hidden view did not have any effect on the plotted rendering.

thanks

i was able to get rid of the contouring lines by changing the "shade plot" to "3d Hidden" but it totally screwed up the lineweights/pen settings

BTW...the "contouring lines" you speak of are referred to as tessellation lines. Just so we're all talking the same lingo. No offense meant.

well, it looks as though im going to have to 2drep the viewport to get rid of the tessellation lines... i had really hoped there was another way :(