Hide Attribute in Attribute Dialog Box

nocturne00

I think im stuck with having the duplicate attributes just marked with propt "DO NOT EDIT" at the moment. I dont think there is a way to hide them in the enhanced attribute editor.

:? One thing also, very curious:? , but the link does not work when you dont have a visibility parameter on the block thats why i posted on the link not working this morning. when i placed a visibility parameter to add a DRAFT, FINAL and GFC stamp it linked.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nocturne00

• feargt

• dbroada

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

do you use drawing templates?

If so and all your title blocks are the same then this should work assuming 1 layout per .dwg file (could probably be altered to suit more layouts)

Under File_ drawing properties _ custom

Instead of editing the attributes in the title block-

put the "tag name" and value here and then in your titleblock use textfields to link to this data. Look under field category Document to find your new "tag names"

So when u need to edit the data in the titleblock, you edit this under

File_ drawing properties _ custom (obviously if u choose this method u can create ur own shortcut command or button for it )

sample from what I mean is attached

I do not use this myself as we have not encountered this problem so do not know if is fully usable or not but seems to work out as possible solution

so any comments welcome

Did you try this approach? making the attributes constant was in reference to this post

Hi fear, your suggestion works but problem is again, for me ill easily get it, but for others in our office, they may have a hard time getting along with it for it involves a little customization. efforts are made to make our standards simple and concise

Ive tried all suggested. but to be fair you try also :D

Ill attach the title block ive been working on.

the attributes in question are the ones under DRAWING NO. w/c im linking to the supposed to be texfields to the upper right of the title block.

Check out also what happens to the link when you remove the visibility parameter, very strange:?

just to let u know I've had some success with the drawing u posted, sorry I did not have time earlier to do it but better late than never.

If your work colleagues only edit attributes by using the edit attribute command then may be an option for you (double clicking on block won't work here). will upload it over weekend after testing it a bit more.

But the basic concept is that the text up in right hand corner is now a separate block linked to the attributes in the original titleblock and then grouping the 2 blocks together (that if copied or moved they stay together) so when someone clicks the edit attribute command and selects the main block, they can only edit the attributes here once which will automatically update the top right attributes in the 2nd block.

had an idea today and tried it and it seems to work.

with the dwg that I posted to you,

explode the group.

copy the block up in righthand corner with a base point.

Open the main block for editing.

Paste the 1st block in its place up in right corner.

save block

delete this block from original drawing

So now u have only one block. edit the attributes in bottom right corner and type regen and have a look up in right top corner.

This seems to work for some reason.

Let me know how u get on.

hi fear, thanks for still spending some time for this one. will give this one a go tommorow at work. looks like your still on overtime :D

Cheers