Drawing Index that's automated?

tzframpton

Just seeing if this exists already. We are finally implementing a Sheet Index page (usually known as the M0.00 page) that has General Notes, Symbol Legend, General Information, and a Drawing Index Chart completed with issue dates and revision delta tracking. Does anyone use or have a program (or just any general tips in general) on how to automate the process for the Drawing Index Table? So if we're in a certain layout tab, and add a date for a revision, can it be updated via use of FIELDs or some other method? Just wondering. Thanks in advance to all who reply. 8)

- Tannar

Well, I posted this same topic over at The Swamp and got a few responses. The SSM actually has a Sheet Indexing tool, but some of our guys are using LT and older versions of AutoCAD that does not support SSM.

But I still think I can semi automate this process via FIELD's within a Table. Does anybody know which FIELD option I can use to label each Layout Tab?