Pasting to original co-ordinates

M Adamson

I often need to copy and paste polylines between drawings to their original co-ordinates. Most of the time its not a problem but sometimes after I select the items in the first drawing and copy, when I go into the 2nd drawing it does not let me paste to original co-ordinates? Why does it work sometimes and not at others? I've made sure all layers are unlocked but I still can't paste into the second drawing to the origianl co-ords. Help!! Thanks.

In my experience this tends to happen if you close the 1st dwg prior to pasting to orginal coords. If I keep both dwgs open and perform the paste to orig... it works every time. Then I'll close the 1st dwg if I don't need it anymore.

i could recall my cad 02, i think you cant copy it with base point, if you do that, you can paste it but it will appear none. try to (just) copy (ctrl+c)(selected object) then go to 2nd dwg and then paste to original coor. hope it works.

I often need to copy and paste polylines between drawings to their original co-ordinates. Most of the time its not a problem but sometimes after I select the items in the first drawing and copy, when I go into the 2nd drawing it does not let me paste to original co-ordinates? Why does it work sometimes and not at others? I've made sure all layers are unlocked but I still can't paste into the second drawing to the origianl co-ords. Help!! Thanks.

If the original drawing was first created in a version of AutoCAD 2007 which hasn't had a bug-fix, then there is a bug which disables copy/paste and Wblock. I usually open the drawing in DWG Trueview 2009 and save it down to r2002 again.

Copy with Base Point is available in r2002.

If the original drawing was first created in a version of AutoCAD 2007 which hasn't had a bug-fix, then there is a bug which disables copy/paste and Wblock. I usually open the drawing in DWG Trueview 2009 and save it down to r2002 again.

Copy with Base Point is available in r2002.

it is available but there is a bug on pasting it.

even in cad 06, u cant just copy w/ basepoint and put it in a different drawing.o:)

it is available but there is a bug on pasting it.

even in cad 06, u cant just copy w/ basepoint and put it in a different drawing.o:)

Very peculiar your experience, because it has always worked for me :?

could be if 'insbase' value in both the drawings are not the same. should be 0,0,0