Page setup

takaki

if there are proffesional architectures in the forum please tell me the easiest and the perfact way to set a page and all the other settings to draw a 2D structure of a house. it might be a stupid question but please answer it. i am very new to autoCAD so i might be new new to its words too. very sorry fo the disturbance.

first things first. Welcome to the forums

Set up a template file first where you place all standard blocks, possible layers, dimension styles, text styles., etc that you will be commonly using. the at the paperspace of said template file, set up the page size then draw up your title block. then save dwg as a template(*.dwt file).

easy as pie :D

thanyou very much.

just one more question

Image092.jpg

i am really sorry if the pic is too big. when i looked at the walls it looked a bit different from just lines. please tell me how those walls are done. and it would also help if you letmeknow what the black squares are and how to draw them and how to draw doors

thankyou

The walls could be done with polylines (multiple segments joined together as one entity).

The black squares could be column locations (difficult to read).

Doors can be drawn using the rectangle command or with lines or polylines. Using lines? Then draw one length and one width then offset each the required distance.

Next time you decide to use an image such as this scale it back a little so it is readable. OK?

i understand polylines. but not (multiple segments joined together as one entity)... and yes i will try posting much clear pics.. i am very sorry for asking such simple and stupid questions but im really new to autoCAD

You do not have to apologize for asking questions, simple or otherwise. We all weren't born with super powers or innate CAD knowledge. I asked the same type of questions when I started out. Back then though there were a lot less people using AutoCAD. Answers were harder to come by.

Lines vs. polylines.

Draw a four sided box using lines and each line is treated as a separate entity. Try moving that box without picking, in some manner, all the lines and something might get left behind.

Draw a four sided box using a continuous polyline and it is treated as a single entity. To move the box only requires the user to pick a point anywhere on the object.

It is possible to draw a box using four separate polylines. To "join" those lines together we could use the Pedit command with the "join" option. That just creates a lot of unnecessary work. Instead, draw the box as a continuous polyline with four corners. How? You could use direct distance entry (distance and angle entered at the command line) or you could drag your mouse in the direction you wish to draw and enter the distance only at the command line. Just two of many options that can be used to draw a box.

Does any of this make sense to you takaki?

i think i understood somewhat. when we combine a polyline and a polysolid it looks like that. but then again.. the poly solids wont overlapp???? :s

One must crawl before one walks. 2D drawings can be done using lines and polylines. 3D drawings can also use polysolids. Are you drawing in 2D or 3D? I have no idea what you are asking re: "poly solids won't overlapp?"

i am using 2D. so does that mean i have to draw a polyline? but when i draw a ploly line it just looks like a line. but in the picture it looks like a box kinda thing???

Draw a polyline.

RE: "...a box kinda thing."

That could be a result of applying "width" to the polyline itself. The default setting for polyline width is "0". To change this start the polyline command, pick your starting point but before picking the next point, type "w" (for width). You will be prompted for 1) a starting line width and 2) an ending line width. Normally these two numbers will be exactly the same. After specifying the ending width continue with the polyline command as usual. Any new polylines will retain this width setting until such time as you reset it to "0" or some other number. Try it out to see if it looks like the drawing you are referencing.