problem to plot 3d object into smooth result

bkoy

Not sure here but are you asking how to plot a 3D object? What do you mean by "smooth result"? Did you do a plot and find the results unsatisfactory?

I too am having a problem with 3d plotting. I select gouraud shading but when I do the print preview the shading is gone and it does not print with the shading.

NoelStalker:

Hmmm....I have 2004 and 2007 loaded so I am either side of 2005.

Using 2004 I go to the Plot Settings tab, right hand side, and find Shaded Viewport Options. Under that it says Shadeplot. I have "As Displayed" showing in the box. When I click on Preview it is shown shaded. I also select Gouraud shading just as you did.

yes i do apply materials and do a render. but when im going to print it in a paper space or in a tracing paper the result is unsatisfactory. i'm using autocad 2002 is this normal in a version like this? thanks soo much.

When rendering in a window the output can be set to Draft, Low, Medium, High or Presentation.

When printing a coated paper would seem like a much better choice than tracing paper. What type of printer are you using?

I think 2002 would be just as capable of a good render as 2007 or 2009. Certainly, there are a number of variables that can affect output.

What are you producing a render of?

This might be of interest to you as well:

AutoCAD settings that affect 3D output.

DISPSILH – Display Sihouette

This setting affects the results of the Hide command. A setting of 0 displays tessellation lines. A setting of 1 suppresses tessellation lines.

FACETRES – Rendered Object Smoothness

This setting affects both rendering and hide results. The default setting is 0.5. The max setting is 10. A lower setting results in a quicker render time but rounded edges will appear as a series of straight segments. A higher setting results in a longer render time but rounded edges will appear much smoother.

ISOLINES – Contour lines per surface

This setting affects the wireframe view but not the Hide or Render commands. Settings can range from 0 to 2047. The default setting is 4.

SPLINESEGS – Segments in a Polyline Curve

This setting controls the number of segments in a polyline curve. The settings range from 0 to 32767 with the default being 8. The higher the setting the smoother the appearance is of a rendered curve.

You did use Render(RR) first right? then output it as jpeg using Saveimg command(tis the best way I think rather than saving as bmp or Tiff format).

then print the output Jpg file.

thanks for the tip man..it can solve the probs. im producing residential houses. i hope this time my client can really amaze the output. thanks god bless yall