Symbols show fine on computer screen, but then print as slashes

hlunder2

I have a map that I am trying to print. It has about 6 different symbols in the legend of the map - traingle, up-side down triangle, circle, square, diamond and a star (all of these symbols are solid symbols). The symbols show just fine in the legend and on the map when looking at it on the computer screen. However, when this map is plotted, the triangle and up-side down triangle print as slashes in the legend and on the map. The rest of the symbols seem to print except that some of them are empty - just the outline of the stars, squares or circles print. I am not quite sure how to fix it since it shows just fine on the computer screen. Does anybody have any ideas what to do?

Is this a CAD DWG ? what are the symbols? blocks ? text symbols? can you post the drawing ? maybe someone can figure it out, but I think we'll need to know what the objects are for sure..

I am pretty sure they are blocks. When you double click on them a box that says enhanced attribute editor pops up. There are options to click on attribute, text options or properties. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Yes it is a CAD drawing.

I don't think I am able to post it.

The symbols have text attached to them. So when you double click on them it gives you an option to change the tag, prompt or value. The value is the text attched to the symbol. I am not really sure that the tag or prompt means.

the attributes are the text in the block then, the block is not printing as you would like it, I'm not sure, only thing I can think of is the pen settings, are your plot settings corect to print those colors in your block solid...

What are pen settings and how do I get to them? And what would I switch in those settings to see if I could get the symbols to print?

Also, I am not sure what you mean by plot settings being correct to print the solid block.

I am a little new when it comes to functions you don't use everyday.

Thanks for your help.

The plot menu, you may have to click the arrow at the bottom to expand the options, set all the pens to print black or to a color that prints....

plotable.jpg