Dash line, lights

ChloeG

Hello there once again after a long time :)

I have new questions for all of you lovely experts.

Dash line: How do i change my line to a dash line?

Lights: How do i include lights into my floor plan. I've seen something about lights on the palettes. How do i use them?

Thank you :D

oh and i want to include AC into my reflected ceiling plan, is there any way i could get them ready.

And the lights ive placed off the e.g Generic lights. They appear too big next to my refected ceiling plan.

Normally I don’t use the pallet lights; I guess we are talking about a standard 4’x 2’

Recessed light fixture, I make a layer (4x2 Light) give it a different colour to your ceiling grid with a continuous line type, make it a bit heavy so it stands out .13mm line weight would be good.

On that layer (model space) draw a rectangle 4’x 2’ with a diagonal line, now you can copy it into any place on the ceiling grid, as for vents, I do the same as lights but with a 2’ x 2’ rectangle offset in 6” with a 6”d circle in the middle.

I presume you wish to change existing continuous lines in your drawing into dashed lines, best way is to make a new layer say (Dashed Lines) on that layer change the line type to a Dashed line say (dashed2) if you don’t have it you will have to load it, you might have to play around with the global scale factor to get the desired dash size you can find that in the Linetype Manager.

On your drawing click on the lines you wish to change to dashed (so blue grips show)

Open your layers properties manager and make layer (Dashed Lines) current.

This will convert all the lines you “Gripped” onto that layer and will all become dashed lines.