AttDef filter?!?

eric_monceaux

I am trying to create a section symbol dynamic block in AutoCAD 2009. I have all my parameters set properly, or so I thought. All of the actions work except for the references to the Attributes.

I have two attributes within a circle seperated by a line. What I want to do is be able to rotate the entire symbol and also be able to rotate the attribute portion separately.

The problem, however, is that when I try and select the attribute for the action reference, it gives the following message:

Select objects: 1 unlocked AttDef filtered from selection.

I am at a loss as to how to fix this. I have made Dynamic blocks before with attributes and those work fine. I even checked the attribute itself and made sure that it was not locked.

Can someone please help?

sec-ln-arch.dwg

• 8 years later...
  • 6 years later...

I had a similar issue and locking the position worked great, thanks!  The problem I have now is I want the attribute text to keep its orientation (0 degrees).  

Any suggestions?