orthographic projection- hidden lines.

aieux

anyone know how to change the appropriate lines to hidden or how to add centerlines? my understanding is that soldraw seperates layers, but how do you change the default linetype of the hidden layer?

use solview with soldraw, I believe.

yes I used the solview command to make the viewports with my projections of my solid model. I went to properties to try and change the linetypes but nothing happened...:cry:

If you want Soldraw to use the Hidden linetype instead of the Continuous linetype you must load the linetype before you run the command.

To change linetypes after running Soldraw use Layer Manager.

If you want Soldraw to use the Hidden linetype instead of the Continuous linetype you must load the linetype before you run the command.

To change linetypes after running Soldraw use Layer Manager.

I had loaded the linetypes already. I'm going to attach my assignment, if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong or how to make the appropriate lines hidden, or even how to add centrelines, it would be really appreciated. I need help.

model.dwg

You did use Solview and Soldraw didn't you? I mean, I see you have three layers ending in -HID but when I view the model space drawing I don't see the flattened geometry generated by Soldraw.

To change the three layers that end in -HID from linetype Continuous to linetype Hidden, click on one of the three layers, then press the key and while holding it down individually select the other two layers. You should have all three layers highlighted. Now, double click on the word Continuous under the heading Linetype for layer front-HID. When the Select Linetype pop-up window appears choose Hidden as the linetype. Then click OK. All three layers should now have Hidden as their linetype.

You still need to tell me what you did to generate the three views of the object. Did you erase something?

Oh, do me a favor, could you use a little color in the drawing. Why use a $3500 software package and have everything drawn in black? Make all the hidden lines color blue. Thanks.

OK...dummy me. I see what you did. Or, in this case, what you failed to do. I ran SolDraw on each view and it did exactly what I expected (generated the 2D geometry). I think you forgot this step.

OK...dummy me. I see what you did. Or, in this case, what you failed to do. I ran SolDraw on each view and it did exactly what I expected (generated the 2D geometry). I think you forgot this step.

I saved it before I ran soldraw, but I was still trying to change the lines after I had run soldraw.

You did use Solview and Soldraw didn't you? I mean, I see you have three layers ending in -HID but when I view the model space drawing I don't see the flattened geometry generated by Soldraw.

To change the three layers that end in -HID from linetype Continuous to linetype Hidden, click on one of the three layers, then press the key and while holding it down individually select the other two layers. You should have all three layers highlighted. Now, double click on the word Continuous under the heading Linetype for layer front-HID. When the Select Linetype pop-up window appears choose Hidden as the linetype. Then click OK. All three layers should now have Hidden as their linetype.

You still need to tell me what you did to generate the three views of the object. Did you erase something?

Oh, do me a favor, could you use a little color in the drawing. Why use a $3500 software package and have everything drawn in black? Make all the hidden lines color blue. Thanks.

how can I select a layer and highlight the rest? (sorry I'm such a newb :P)

I just don't really see the difference between the layers. even in model space.

I gave you rather explicit instructions on how to highlight multiple layers. It involves first selecting a single layer, pressing/holding the control key (lower left hand corner of your keyboard with the letters Ctrl on it) then picking the remaining two layers (all three layers have the letters -HID at the end of their name). Follow the remainder of my instructions as mentioned earlier to change the linetype. This method works quite well when one has a feature that requires changing on multiple layers (rather than do it individually).

What difference between layers are you referring to? The linetype?

Re: Centerlines. Load the Centerline linetype you wish to use. Do you know how to do that? Next, create a new layer called Centerlines and assign it the linetype you just loaded. Make it color (green) so it stands out from the geometry. Now add your centerlines, in model space, where they are required.

By the way, are you using color yet?

The drawing you first attached did not look like Soldraw had even been run on the three views of your object. If it had, it would have been evident when one looked at the objects in model space. You cannot mistake when Soldraw has been used.

thanks very much! and yes I do know how to add linetypes :P

and I used colour until it was time to plot it, pretty sure my TA wouldn't be amused :)

anyway, I did just like you said and assigned centerline to linetype for the layer, and drew it in. thanks for your help!!