M8 tapped hole

stevsmith

I think you'll need to convert the object you have first into a solid.

then make the threaded solid w/ the desired radius, onsnap it to the top of the converted solid then subtract

Ive got no clue to what that is but is it something like this that you are after? by the way, cant get M2S.lsp to work on this one, curiuos. :?

00.jpg

I take it there is no quick way to create the hole, unlike solidworks or inventor ReMark?

I guess what you saying is make the hole (as a solid) then add the pitch of the thread, then combine the 2 as a solid.

Move the hole to its correct position then subtract.

That would then give me the threaded hole.

Im at work, just now but i will try it tonight when I get home.

Thanks Guys.

Ill let you know how I get on

No quick way...correct.

I think nocturne00 has aptly demonstrated what the end result would look like with the exception of the counterbore.

Yes, it will be a multi-step procedure for coming up with the end result much like you outline. The key is you're subtracting one solid from the other.

• 1 month later...

I remember that :D when i tried to subtract from that i thought it was a solid, I had to manually explode them to get the regions then used extrude and loft to have that solid.

Im guessing you imported that drawing from another software? solidworks maybe? coz the object in the drawing is hollow and is created from surfaces, you'll need to use either extrude or loft to turn it into a solid, but you'll need to explode your original drawing to be able to extrude or loft them

I didnt import it from anything.

I started off with a ctr line and revolved the outline around it. I dont know if that makes it a solid or not.

Ok quicker solution, toggle side view in VIEWS toolbar,

then use flatshot on your object, explode the flatshot object and trim half of it, then use boundary to make it into a closed polyline.

then revolve the half section.

Easy as can be :D

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Thanks nocturne00. I had not closed the pline before I revolved it.

That will be three lashes with a wet noodle. Hurry up...we're waiting.:lol: